Yes I am.
I didnt write for while 'cause I didn't time. Then I think to me-self, hummmm after a hiatus I should come with something really knockadig. So I procrastinate waiting for the big zaftig'a blog.
Which somehow doesn't materialize...(sigh)
Anyway I got this email which I though all should hear about, ya gotta love cut n' paste.
I am offering you a note of warning and if you care to share this information with your friends, it could be helpful to them as well.
When you drive on the Pallisades Interstate Parkway between New York and Monsey, do not go above 65 and ALWAYS stay in the right lane.
Recently my dear husband got a ticket for speeding and I'd like to enlighten you as to what happens:
1. The cops on this stretch have NO compassion whatsoever -- they are stopping you for a reason and that is to give you a ticket and make sure their Alpine area pulls in as much money as possible from these fines.
2. When you go on the designated day for your ticket to be heard, you will be amongst 200! other people who got stopped for some traffic infraction.
3. You will wait. They hear people's not guilty issues until 10! at night.
4. You have no choice but to wait.
5. If you hire a lawyer, you will go first but you will not get off -- all the ppl who had hired lawyers were the proud recipients of a judgment of $380 (100 fine 30 court fees and 250 for the infraction) to be paid immediately, in addition, of course, to paying your lawyer's fee! (ouch).
6. You will wait -- the judge takes a break during the guilty and not guiltys.
7. You will wait again because the judge takes a dinner break!
8. The cops sit by and watch the unsuspecting people squirming in their seats.
9. There were only two cases that were dismissed. If you'd like to know which ones, ask i'll tell.
10. With pleading guilty and a good excuse (and a good clean driving record) you will "get off" with a quick fine of $95 to $105 (so sweet!).
11. If you have a Jersey license, you will get points and a lowered fine or a higher fine ($380) and no points.
12. If you have a New York License, you get no points (I repeat NO points are transferred from New Jersey to New York).
13. If you do not show up for this ticket on the designated date, you will get arrested the next time you are stopped because an arrest warrant is in place for you with bail already set at this courtroom.
14. End of the day I am here to tell you DONT SPEED ON THE PIP -- they have no compassion. Within one hour they took in $380 every five minutes -- I heard it and saw it with my own eyes.
15. By the way, my husband got off with a guilty and a low fine because he had a good excuse.
16. Save the time for yourself rather than sit in this stone house at the end of the road! You'll do yourself a favor.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
Please pass this on to your friends -- especially your Monsey friends.
I should add I got me a ticket, for not wearing in seat belt, on 13th ave!
It so happens I was no the way to the mechanic to fix my mirror (glass got stolen) and a new blinker bulb. Sheesh!
OK I'll post the zaftiga blog soon.....